Master (Ing.) Study Programmes
Finance, Banking and Investment
Profile of a Graduate
Profile of a Graduate of the study program Finance, Banking and Investment
The graduate of the second degree of the study program Finance, Banking and Investment at EkF TUKE has a complex knowledge of finance, banking, investment and insurance, masters the methods of quantification, model simulation and verification to creatively assess the basic economic and financial relationships of economies of countries, sectors and companies, act and to make decisions based on knowledge of broad socio-economic context. Therefore, graduates have a wide application in the corporate sector, public and private sectors, in tax institutions, or. as tax advisers, in the economic and research sections of central banks and commercial banks, in financial market institutions, in international financial institutions and in state administration bodies at all levels.
In general, a graduate of the study program Finance, Banking, and Investment, II. degree:
- can solve problems in theoretical research, formulate conclusions of analyses and present the usage of these results in practice,
- creatively apply the acquired theoretical knowledge to solve problems in commercial practice,
- understands the impact and potential of innovative services and e-skills of the digital society,
- has acquired a comprehensive knowledge of modern economic theories, especially financial theories,
- masters the methods of monetary, financial, and corporate analysis,
- masters the methods of economic data analysis and forecasting, using modern methods of simulation, prediction through statistical and data mining applications over large databases.
Graduate of the study program Finance, Banking, and Investment, II. Degree, acquires the ability to:
- work in the field of financial and capital markets with practical skills of financial market analysis, prediction, and modelling of development with identification, optimalization and validation of trading methods in these markets,
- work as an auditor in well-known audit and consulting companies,
- work as an analyst of business processes, reengineering projects, and innovation implementation,
- work as a business analyst and consultant with connections to the areas of ICT, Business and Market Intelligence,
- work as an analyst and advisor to top management using a broad national economic perspective,
- demonstrate knowledge related to the international financial and socio-economic aspects of specific financial and monetary policies and integration processes in Europe and the world,
- analyse and understand the financial flow of the company and the related internal processes interacting with the wider global market environment as well as the European single market initiative.
To improve the profiling of graduates, increase of skills for their better placement in the labour market, the faculty plans to support student profiles focused on practical and deeper theoretical areas linked to a set of optional subjects to expand and deepen the focus of study. Elective courses will be offered in cooperation with experts and organizations from economic practice, as well as associations such as chambers of commerce, business associations, international organizations, etc. This cooperation will focus on the certification of students recognized in practice in various fields.
Based on a survey of graduates' employment and the requirements of cooperating employers, in addition to the main profile (Finance, Banking and Investment) with any selection of compulsory elective subjects, the following three additional practical orientations were defined in the form of compulsory elective subjects. (Compulsory subjects are common for all students).
I. Business Economics: the graduate should be able to solve common problems of business practice. They are expected to expand their knowledge in accounting, business processes, taxation, finance, macroeconomic context, and strong practical skills in information technology. The set consists of compulsory elective courses managerial accounting, international accounting standards, strategic management and planning, business in the Slovak Republic.
II. Socio-economic research: the graduate is an expert in the field of difficult economic and statistical analyses and is preparing for doctoral studies or specialized analytical positions in financial institutions. Reasoning for specialization: uniqueness is given by possible interdisciplinary views. The set consists of compulsory elective subjects, basics of implementation of economic models, mathematical economics, multidimensional statistical and econometric methods, and methods of spatial analysis.
III. Business process management with certification options. Expert in the field of financial flows, project management and processing of internal company data of an economic nature. It is assumed that the graduate will have knowledge of processes in the field of budgeting, financing, expenditure management, asset management, wages, human resources development, etc. The subjects for this specialization help the graduates to obtain a certificate recognized by multinational companies during their studies. Currently, based on an agreement with the SAP Academy in Košice, 4 optional subjects will be provided with the possibility of gaining a certification of an SAP specialist: SAP User 1 and 2, SAP Consultant 1 and 2.
Economics and Management of Public Administration
Profile of a Graduate
Profile of a Graduate of the study program Economics and Management of Public Administration
The study program builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in the bachelor's degree in the form of expanding the theoretical basis and by deepening practical skills. Characteristics of the graduate of the study program and knowledge he will acquire:
- acquire an integrated system of knowledge of economic sciences, administrative science, legal and socio-political sciences,
- masters the methods and techniques of national and regional analyses, the creation of programs and projects, the main methods of regional and spatial analysis and higher-level research and statistical methods,
- masters the methods of designing and practical implementation of programs of economic and social development of regions, cities, and municipalities,
- can solve practical problems in the competence of public administration in its material and territorial competence,
- acquire knowledge of essential facts, principles and theories related to the functioning of public administration, especially territorial self-government and in relation to regional and urban development policy,
- gain a quality overview of the economy, management, and finances of local government,
- acquire knowledge of theoretical approaches and practical implementation of strategic, spatial, and territorial planning,
- can use the acquired knowledge and skills to select appropriate instruments of economic and social policy and its financing,
- speaks at least one foreign language very well and has a basic knowledge of another foreign language,
- in the case of the culture management profile, a graduate masters the basic tools of management and marketing of culture and cultural policy from the perspective of public administration and cultural institutions.
Profile and expected application of a graduate:
- has acquired basic knowledge of economic theories and policies, regional economics and politics, theories of management and organisation of public administration and public sector, project management, program management and financing, public finance, constitutional and administrative law, political science and social sciences, methods of analysis and management of economic and social processes,
- can independently solve interdisciplinary problems that are characteristic for the performance of public administration on all its levels,
- can specify, suggest, and implement program solutions and manage the individual steps of creating and implementing programs,
- can identify key issues related to the objectives of European regional policy, including the application of adequate tools for its implementation,
- Graduates of the culture management profile can work in institutions that operate in the cultural-enlightenment and cultural-educational areas, in tourism and in the field of artistic and media culture.
The graduate of the study field can work in a leading position of central, regional, and local institutions of public administration, public and non-profit sector, in cultural institutions.